Rippr Terms and Conditions of Use
You are reading a legal document that is the agreement between you, the Consumer
(whom we refer to as "you" or "your" or "Rippr user" in this document) and us. We
are RIPPR LIMITED and we are the owner of www.rippr.co.nz (the website). In this
document we refer to ourselves as "Rippr", "we" or "us" or "our". You acknowledge
that by accessing and using this Website you agree to be bound by the following
terms and conditions (Terms). Please read these Terms carefully. If you do not accept
these Terms, please refrain from using this Website. By continuing to access the
Website you agree to be bound by these Terms. We hold the rights to modify amend
or change these terms. It is your responsibility to check from time to time to see
if these Terms have changed or not.
1. Intended meanings of certain words and definitions
- "Content" means any software, data, information, pictures, graphics
and other materials published or made available on our website, including the content
generated by you and/or a Third Party.
- "Sign up Form" means the registration form for becoming a Rippr
user to avail services and products offered on Rippr, attached to these Terms and
- "Rippr Campaign" means the online space on our website run by a
Rippr Campaign Owner, where users come together buying with New Zealand Dollars
products/services of Rippr Campaign Owner and by doing so get rewarded with Rippr
- "Rippr Crowd Owner" is the participating merchant who runs a Rippr
Campaign on our website.
- "Rippr Reward Dollars" means the virtual currency given to you
in exchange to your New Zealand Dollars spent collectively in a Rippr Campaign.
- "Cap"" means the minimum amount of New Zealand Dollars you must
spent in a Rippr Campaign.
- "Available Balance" means the amount of Rippr Rewards Dollars in
Your Rippr Account per Rippr Campaign Owner.
- "Redemption Time" means the time period within which you are able
to redeem your available Rippr Rewards Dollars.
- "Website" means www.rippr.co.nz and any subsidiary microsite.
2. Operation of Website
- How it works?
Rippr is the online platform that unites buyers of/for a designated Merchant by
building, retaining and increasing crowds around (the Merchant) while increasing
their purchasing power. Rippr service consists of us identifying Merchants who are
willing to reward their customers with Rippr Rewards Dollars if certain amount of
NZD is spent collectively in their Rippr Campaigns. We work with the Merchants to
agree to open Rippr Campaigns, which we believe will appeal to Rippr Users and then
promote these Campaigns to them. The Users can redeem their available Rippr Rewards
Dollars only from the Merchant who owns the Rippr Campaign and at the time of redemption
Rippr Rewards Dollars serve as cash on the 1:1 ratio (1 RRD = 1 NZD). The Rippr
Website is the platform through which we offer this service.
- Rippr is free to join.
- By participating as a Rippr user, you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions,
as varied from time to time.
- Rippr may terminate or suspend your account, without notice and for any reason,
including if you:
- Fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions; or
- Supply any misleading information or make any misrepresentations to Rippr or to
any other connected party in Rippr Programme; or
- Abuse or fraudulently use any part of Rippr service/s; or
- Die or become bankrupt
- If a Rippr Account has not been used by the Rippr registered user to participate
in any Rippr Crowd and/or redeem any Rippr Reward Dollars for a continuous period
of 3 months, the Account will be deemed inactive and its use will be suspended.
- While registering for services on our website you must provide to us your full name,
your valid email address and your own mobile phone number which cannot be changed
or used by someone else once registered.
- At the time of registration a 4 digits confirmation code will be generated and communicated
to you via SMS.
- The confirmation code will enable you to process the registration, choose a password
and PIN and activate your Rippr account.
- To be able to use the Rippr Account and redeem your available Rippr Reward Dollars,
you will need to use your registered mobile number and the 4 digits registered chosen
PIN, these will serve as your identification at the time of redemption.
- After registration you can login on our website by using the registered email address
and password at any time to check balances, transaction history, and personal details.
- You can change your password and PIN at any time.
- Password/PIN security
- It is your responsibility to keep your registered password and pin details secure.
- It is your responsibility to update/change your Password/PIN if you become aware
that they are or may be known by another person. If there has been an unauthorized
access to your account, you are held responsible for it if that misuse happened
before you inform us and advise us to freeze your account.
- You may be liable for some or all loss from unauthorized redemption of your Rippr
reward dollars if you have breached these Terms and Conditions for example (but
not limited) by doing the following:
- Keeping a written or electronic record of your Password/Pin or
- Keeping your Password/PIN in a form that can be readily identified as a password/pin
- Disclosing or failing to take all reasonable steps to prevent disclosure of your
Password/pin to anyone whether family or those having apparent authority, including
merchant staff or allowing any person to use your pin and/or online password
- Having unreasonably delayed telling us that your account has been accessed without
your authorization or that your Password/PIN has been disclosed or otherwise compromised
- Electing an unsuitable Password/PIN
- Using a computer or device that does not have appropriate protective software and
operating system installed and up to date
- Failing to take reasonable steps to ensure that the protective system such as virus
scanning, fire wall, anti-spyware operating system and anti-spam software on your
computer are up to date
- Leaving your computer unattended when logged onto Rippr website
- We reserve the right to request access to your computer or device in order to verify
that you have taken all reasonable steps to protect your computer or device and
safeguard your secure information in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
If you refuse our request for access then we may refuse your claim.
- Getting Rippr Rewards Dollars
- Rippr Reward Dollars will be transferred to your Rippr Account in accordance to
the Cap deposit made by you in a Rippr Campaign.
- The total amount of Rippr Reward Dollars per Rippr user per crowd is the amount
of Cap spent in store times the percentage of extra value given.
- You can check on rippr.co.nz the amount of your Rippr Rewards Dollars at any moment.
- When the required Cap is spent in store, we will notify you by e-mail confirming
your participation in the Rippr Crowd of the chosen Merchant. When the campaign
closes we will notify you again via e-mail confirming the final amount of Rippr
Reward Dollars awarded to you.
- Redeeming Rippr Reward Dollars (RRDs)
- Redeeming RRDs requires you to check in the Rippr store with your Rippr App or communicate
verbally and personally type your PIN into the Rippr redemption tablet/device when
making purchases for goods or services from Rippr Merchant.
- In order to pay with Rippr Reward Dollars, you must notify the Rippr Merchant that
you are a Rippr user before the goods are scanned and transaction is concluded.
- Rippr Reward Dollars available in your account in relation to the Rippr Merchant
you are redeeming from can be redeemed ONLY at the Rippr Merchant who awarded them,
via the Rippr redemption tablet/device as whole or part payment for purchasing goods
or services sold by that Rippr Merchant.
- Rippr Reward Dollars are redeemable at the rate of 1:1 (1 Rippr Reward Dollar to
1 New Zealand Dollar) according to the Merchant prices at the time of redemption.
- When the transaction is processed, the Rippr Reward Dollars redeemed will be instantly
deducted from your Rippr Account channelled to that particular Rippr Crowd Owner.
- Rippr users are unable to withdraw any of their Rippr Reward Dollars in cash by
any means and the Rippr Rewards Dollars must be used only for purchases.
- Conduct of Use
- You agree not to do any of the following (either directly or indirectly) while using
- Hack into any part of our Website/software or the Rippr redemption tablet/device
- Transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or any other forms of
solicitation, unless expressly authorized by us;
- Breach any applicable law or regulation; or
- Engage in any other conduct that we may advise that we consider (in our absolute
discretion) breaches the Terms or is otherwise inappropriate for the Website.
- Subscriber terms
- If you wish to receive email communications about Rippr Crowds you will need to
agree to the following Subscriber Terms
- We require you to provide an email address in order to subscribe to our Website.
- You accept to be bound by these terms on which our Website may be used. • You accept
to receive email communications from us about Rippr crowds including those advertised
on the Website.
- You can opt-out of receiving email communications from us at any time by clicking
the unsubscribe link in the email
- You or we may terminate this agreement at any time. Without limiting the foregoing,
we have the right to immediately terminate any subscriptions in the event of any
conduct by you which we, in our sole discretion, consider to be unacceptable, or
in the event of a failure by you to comply with any of these Subscriber Terms or
other Rippr Terms.
- You agree that we may disclose your personal information (including but not limited
to your name and contact details) to the relevant authorities, any Internet service
provider that you use to access our Website, and/or the applicable intellectual
property rights holders (or their representatives) if we consider you are infringing
the intellectual property rights of any person.
- We may also disclose any information we consider in our absolute discretion we are
required to in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or
- We reserve the right to change, alter or modify these Subscriber Terms at any time.
- These Subscriber Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with
the laws of New Zealand and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New
3. Website Content
- Rippr is a distributor and not a publisher of content supplied by third parties
including merchants and other third party users of the Website.
- Rippr does not endorse, warrant or make any representation about any Third Party
Content transmitted via or posted on our Website and you acknowledge that we have
not independently verified any of the information contained in the Third Party Content.
- We do not take any responsibility for the Third Party Content or for any inaccuracy
or omission contained in it.
- We do not control and therefore are not responsible for any communication between
you and any other user of the Website (including Merchants) that may have been initiated
as a result of use of the Website.
- The views expressed in Third Party Content may not be our views. While we will endeavor
to monitor Third Party Content and exercise editorial control where possible, you
acknowledge that you use and rely on the Third Party Content obtained through this
Website at your own risk.
- Rippr may refuse to post or edit or remove any Content that in our absolute discretion,
we consider will breach the Terms or is otherwise inappropriate for this Website
- All content provided by us is solely for informational purposes and we do not warrant
or make any representation about any such Content.
- You understand and agree that any Content downloaded or otherwise obtained through
the use of this Website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will
be solely responsible for any and all damage to your computer system or loss of
- We have the right at any time and without notice to remove, amend and/or vary any
of the Content which appears on the Website or cease operating the Website in whole
or in part.
4. Liability and Law
- The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 may imply warranties or conditions
or impose obligations which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. These Terms
must in all cases be read subject to those statutory provisions.
- Subject to the above paragraph you expressly understand and agree that we make no
- This Website will meet your requirements; or
- This Website will operate uninterrupted, secure or error–free.
- We exclude all responsibilities in relation to the Goods and/or Services supplied/offered
by the merchants (Ripper Crowd Owners). If any issue does arise, you will have recourse
directly against the Merchant (Rippr Crowd Owner).
- You are responsible for monitoring your Available Balance for any error relating
to purchases made, and contributions made to your account.
- If any error regarding purchases made with, or contributions made to your account
has occurred, you must notify us within 5 business days from the date on which the
- Any unauthorised redemption (a redemption not made by you) that takes place before
you have notified us that your account has been stolen will be deducted from your
Available RRD Balance as the Rippr Reward Dollars are instantly deducted from your
Rippr Account at the time of redemption from the Rippr Crowd Owner.
- Rippr Website may include links to other websites not owned by us. If you visit
a linked website you will be subject to the terms of that website and any dealing
will be solely between you and that other website. These links do not imply our
endorsement of that other website or product or service being advertised (as applicable)
or any association with their operators unless this is specifically stated on the
- If any portion of these Terms is deemed to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable
the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Where any dispute arises between you and another user of the Website (including
any Merchant) you agree in good faith to use best endeavours to attempt to resolve
the dispute amicably through negotiation or other informal means before pursuing
any further formal action. You acknowledge that we will not be a party to any such
- These Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of
New Zealand and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
5. Intellectual Property
- You acknowledge that any content displayed or made available through the Website
is our exclusive property or used with the express permission of the copyright and/or
trademark owner. No content may be reproduced, published or transmitted without
our prior written consent. Copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right
infringement may result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
- "Rippr" is our trademark. All rights in respect of this trademark are hereby expressly
reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, all other trademarks appearing on the Website
are the property of their respective owners.
6. Privacy and Personal Information
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to our website or these Terms,
please Contact Us firstname.lastname@example.org